In this week's Stats review we look at the records across all senior games (including friendlies and the Over 40s). As always, we should acknowledge the efforts of Eric Anderton and, more recently, Ian Sharrock for the many hours of effort in analysing 117 years of cricket. It should also be noted that inevitably in that period, some scorebooks and records get mislaid. Bearing that in mind, here are some key stats (up to and including the Over 40s game on 13th June) as we know them:
Club President, Brian Shenton leads the way with 1,221 games and he is likely to hold that position for a good while yet. Ian Sharrock has played 930 games followed by the McGowans, Simon with 862 and Graeme with 783. Peter Clark (738) completes the top 5. Notable movements elsewhere:
• Darren Warburton has moved into 9th on the list (661 games) overtaking Nigel Sharrock & Tony Perrin;
• John Scragg has moved ahead of John Drummond into 15th with 619 games;
• Andy Beacher (499) has overtaken our club founder WSS Hannay into 22nd place and will play his 500th club game at the weekend;
• Akhtar Ali (417) & Ian Linwood (415) have swapped places and lie 28th & 29th. Will we see Linners retaliate?;
• Graeme Keenan played his 400th club game in the 2nd XI cup game on Tuesday;
• Gavin Byrom (383) has moved up from 38th to 34th overtaking Dave Charles, Alf Wildgoose, Gareth Evans & Ken Barrett.
Ian Sharrock is the club's leading run scorer with 19,829 runs and will surely reach 20,000 in the near future. The top 5 is completed by Brian Shenton (16,792), Gary Dixon (13,998), Arthur Irwin (13,621) & Nigel Sharrock (12,526). Not too many movements elsewhere:
• Matt Owen has overtaken Ronnie Oliver & DQ Steel to move into 37th with 4,960 and needs another 40 to bring up 5,000 club runs;
• James Williams has moved into the top 50 and now lies 49th with 3,762 runs.
Peter Clark is the leading wicket taker with 1,278 wickets, however, Simon McGowan (1,260) is only 18 wickets behind in 2nd. Alf Wildgoose (1,254), Brian Lloyd (1,160) and Tony Perrin (1,046) complete the top 5. Other achievements so far this season:
• Ian Sharrock has gone ahead of A. Calvert into 8th with 903 wickets;
• Tommy Maguire has gone ahead of Gareth Evans and Ralf Dodd into 30th with 356 wickets;
• Liam Sundve now has 257 wickets and has moved from 43rd to 40th, overtaking Matt Ingram, Charlie Ward (Jnr) & Gavin Byrom in the process;
• Ross Dixon is another big mover and his 200 wickets have moved him from 52nd to 48th ahead of Arthur Irwin, Chris Cunningham, Ian Atkins & Danny Newhouse.
Brian Shenton tops the list with 467, followed by Nick Rivett (349), Ian Sharrock (323), Simon McGowan (290) & Graeme McGowan (286). Other movers:
• Tom Marsland's 13 catches this season have taken his total to 173 and into 21st place ahead of Colin Byrom;
• Andy Beacher took his 150th catch earlier in the season and this has takem him past WSS Hannay & Dave Guest into 26th
• Ian Linwood has moved ahead of Adrian Hughes into 45th with 94 catches
WN Derryman leads the way with 206 stumpings ahead of Barrie Burns (146), Derek Pennell (112), current first team skipper Tom Marsland (94) & Nick Rivett (70). There is not too much else to report, however, Graeme McGowan now has 66 stumpings and needs 1 more victim to equal Ken Todd in 6th.
Updated 13:00 - 14 Jun 2018 by UCC Admin